Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Machinery Moving Gloat

You are so cold Bruce. I did not negotiate or haggle at all on the price that he gave me over the phone. I even drove downtown to pick them up. If something is already a great deal don't risk it.

I figure they go one each side of a machine and jack it up is this correct?Otherwise could someone explain how they work/operate I don't (obviously) know.regards Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Yeah, you put them on each side and them strap them on and jack it up and away you go. You only have to lever it up an inch or so off the ground to get the forks under it and because it is all strapped together, it is pretty hard for it to fall off or tip over like with skates on uneven surfaces. The only downside is that they weigh around 200 pounds each and you almost need something to carry them with!

Thanks Mickey.Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Quote Originally Posted by b1vogt
    A few pieces of 1 1/2" pipe do a good job for moving around the shop.
    thats how i do it, with the assistance of a madman inspired toe jack. i would like a set of those as they look sooo easy. I'd add brakes and maybe even a drive to one set of wheels.....the notion of getting 4000 lbs to roll easily on a slopped garage floor by yourself is what you wish for...until you get it. and then things can be dangerous without an easy way to control it

Cold?? Notice that Mike has failed to mention the price he paid for the Rol-a-lifts. I rest my case.

$300. And they have a pimp nickel finish.

I'm skeptical. Its hard for me to believe that Mike would part with that much cash. I wish there was a recording of the transaction....

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Griffing
    I'm skeptical. Its hard for me to believe that Mike would part with that much cash. I wish there was a recording of the transaction....
    With Mike, there's usually a Widow involved in the transaction

Nice acquisition Mike! This is one of those tools that's great for a friend to have
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

think i paid around 100 or so, cant remember, was cheap. they were in the local bargain ad rag. i didnt even know what they were..just figured i would go take a look, well worth the trip
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com