Thread: another new lathe

Post another new lathe

I saw an ad in the Australian Model Engineering magazine the other day for a Myford ML10 lathe only half an hour from home I went to have a look at it not really wanting another lathe (I already had 4)but it was in as new condition with all the original bit and pieces plus quick change toolholders and only about 12 years old,so now I have 5 lathes!

I only have one lathe but I do have four vehicles. I have never been able to figure out how to drive them all at the same time
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

This reminds me of the old saying: "Beware the man with only one gun - he probably knows how to use it." That being said, I'd love to have more than one lathe (I have a Myford Super 7B); I would use one lathe for threading, one for roughing out, another for turning to size/boring/etc. and yet another with a grinding attachment. I do have an Atlas 7B shaper which works very well for the sort of "milling" I can't do on my Myford.

Youse is a LUCKY bunch of blokes!!!