Thread: OT; Computer display problem

Default OT; Computer display problem

My computer displays what would normally be black text as a mixture of colors as in some letters are red, some green, etc. but only small type, not larger letters.

XP with both IE6 and Firefox. Does it in both.
    My monitor is a Dell flat screen refurb I've had for quite some time (year +)but this problem just started.

I've diddled displays and fiddled fonts to no avail.

Any ideas?

TIA.
    Len

gnm109 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by QSIMDO
    My computer displays what would normally be black text as a mixture of colors as in some letters are red, some green, etc. but only small type, not larger letters.

XP with both IE6 and Firefox. Does it in both.
    My monitor is a Dell flat screen refurb I've had for quite some time (year +)but this problem just started.

I've diddled displays and fiddled fonts to no avail.

Any ideas?

TIA.

Your display driver is probably corrupt. Have you tried to update your driver from inside Device Driver? If that doesn't work, a visit to the Dell Support site will get you a new one. BTDT.

to find out if its the display or computer... plug the monitor into another computer.. If no funny business, more than like its your onboard video or video card.. If it doesnt work, then you know what it is..

If you think its your onboard video or video card, thats a whole nother discussion on ways to testing the hardware to find out and possible solutions. Its not hard, just time consuming..