Thread: Need Pexto shear parts

kingskarts Guest

Default Need Pexto shear parts

Help! I'm trying to locate a replacement gear wheel for my 52-inch Pexto Shear (Model-U252D SN-604776)

I've had no luck finding a source for older machine parts any suggestions?

The wheel I believe is cast so would it even be worth it to attempt welding new teeth on?

After taking delivery of the unit I found the large gear wheel to have 5-teeth that were machined to size then attached to the wheel with two small allen-head machine screws!

Believe it or not they held through my testing the machine and a few cuts at my shop before we dismantled the machine to weld a few cracks...

Thanks,

Mike email: kingskarts28110@gmail.com

I have seen many big old gears repaired with oxy acetylene brazing. If you have the teeth, and they are held in place by screws already, I would try and find an "Old school" welding shop to see about having it brazed.----Brian

You can probably get one from Pexto.
    Expect to pay about 4 times what you think its worth.
    They tend to price parts based on automotive parts pricing theory- the one where, if you buy a new Mustang, its $30,000, but if you order all of the parts to build a new Mustang from the Ford dealer, its $150,000.

http://www.roperwhitney.com/

(Roper Whitney has owned Pexto for many years now)

Aside from that, I have never heard of a parts place for old sheet metal equipment- if you live in the Rust Belt, there may be some old machinery dealers with a boneyard, but there are no businesses I know of dedicated to selling parts.

There's always the possibility someone on this board could make you a new one, given the old one or a suitable drawing.