Thread: Ageless Apple

Default Ageless Apple

I'm still digesting the large volume of information provided by the various seminars and vendors. One thing that was not digested was a green apple from the box lunch. Here it is, a month after the CNC Workshop.

This thing is indestructible. It's been in the cab of my truck for over a month, and it's barely dented. If I had a durometer, I might be able to detect a softening, but to my fingers, it feels just as hard as it was when it came out of the box at WCC. I might just spray it white and paint in the 216 red stitches and surprise my son at batting practice...

Quote Originally Posted by panchula

This thing is indestructible. It's been in the cab of my truck for over a month, and it's barely dented.
    It's affected your cat, too!

Thanks for the laugh. I heard lots of good comments about the lunches, but no compliments on the apples. On Saturday, while waiting for some of the mills to be picked up, I did some cleaning and must have picked up at least 30 untouched apples. I’ll be curious to see just how long it lasts.

George

The lunches were just too dang big! I started to gain weight in the 4 days of the workshop. The apples were good, but I think most people ran out of room before they got to the apples.
    Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
    ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Default Cat

The cat's always had that same wooden expression...

Ping for apple status ... ;-)

Default Not Much

Not much change, thought it's picked up a few more dents . It's still hard and the color is trending towards yellow.

The cat remains blissfully ignorant of the situation.

-Mike

Default Potatoe Cannon Variant

Time for a Apple Cannon

Default The End of The Apple

October 3, (my daughter's birthday, by the way) and the apple's hanging tough.

The cat's still comatose.

Fast forward to last weekend, specifically, the 29th of November. The apple'd spent about the last 10 days under the seat of the truck -- I thought the wife had pitched it. It was in hiding. Unfortunately, it could not hide from the freezing weather.

It definitely feels like an apple, with a bit of give and spring back, no mushy feel. However, there were signs of having a touch of frost upon it. Realistically, there was only one option -- it was time to eat the apple.

Still firm, but not crisp, and it had a sweetness unlike it's brethren back at WCC.

George, given the lead time and the experience of this apple, I think you should seriously consider pre-ordering the apples in the mid February to March time frame. They'll be delectable by the next CNC Workshop!

P.S. The cat didn't finish his piece.

TarHeelTom Guest

Any word on how many apples from last year are returning this year?

Tom