Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Usually a day late or a dollar short

I missed a $200 Millrite that needed a new motor and a $200 Southbend lathe that needed reassembly last weekend ....

MuellerNick Guest

Thanks god, I miss all Bridgeports.

Nick

Re:

I get a new-to-me shaper next Saturday.
    A very special kind of shaper for making punches.

Nick, will it be a Thiel 32 or a Gack 150?

Danny

MuellerNick Guest

It will be a Thiel. I have never seen a K150 for sale.
    Btw, I sold my Gack HE20.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by MuellerNick
    It will be a Thiel. I have never seen a K150 for sale.
    Btw, I sold my Gack HE20.

Nick

Woo-Hoo! Nice score.

There was a Gack K150 for sale around a year ago on German eBay.

I have a Gastl 200 (200 mm stroke) and a Vernier mini shape 28 (280 mm stroke).

Small beer compared to your colossus. ;-)

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by MuellerNick
    Sold my shaper (one of three) the first time October '09. After four months of excuses, bad weather and whatever, I was pi$$ed and sold it a second time (got no money yet). That took until before a week that I once more decided that he had enough time to come by give me the money and take the shaper.
    PMed a friend, he answered that he wants to sleep over it, rang the next day and showed the following day to hand me over the money and drive home with a nice shaper.
    That guy wanted to buy my shaper two times, but was either out of money (army) or out of money (new car). Two times too late, two times a dollar to short but finally got what he wanted.

I get a new-to-me shaper next Saturday.
    A very special kind of shaper for making punches. I bet you have never seen something like this before. I'll make a video ...

Nick
    Your nickname should appear in 8pts bigger font than everyone else's because they are always relevant and interesting.

While not machine tool or related, today I had a good day, sort of. I've been looking for a roto tiller and and have seen many advertised locally. Today I got a nice Troy-Built Horse in very good condition for $250. Less than 1/2 of local CL adds. Later, I found a pair of JBL L100s with cosmetically challenged grills for $20. Far better than ebay where they have torn, mashed and otherwise f-d-up drivers for 5x the price.
    gvasale

Quote Originally Posted by 1937 Chief
    This was the case here in my community. I saw a Bridgeport mill on craigs list for 300.00 with digital readout. I answered the add anyway, but it was already sold. I'll bet some of you have similar stories. stan

Where you at, Chief?
    A friend of mine has a bunch of shop stuff for sale.
    mills, lathes.............etc.

MuellerNick Guest

Small beer compared to your colossus. ;-)
    I'm looking for a planer in the 2 to 3 m range to convert it into a bedway grinder ...

Nick

Let me veer way out to the outer limits of OT for this thread:

When driving, I regularly suffer from the one second factor. When approaching the main highway from a side street, I can see up ahead that the highway is clear of traffic, but when I get to the stop sign I discover that I have arrived one second too late to safely enter the highway ahead of a huge line of cars. I then have to wait 2-3 minutes (seems like a half hour) for the next gap in traffic.
    Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
    ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~