Thread: Excellent light duty portable welding table

Default Excellent light duty portable welding table

I recently was asked to dispose of an old gas barbeque by my daughter---I found the internals were badly rusted and unsafe, however: the cast iron grills and framework were undamaged--I stripped out the old burners and unneeded rusted metal---I placed a number of thin firebrick on the racks and now have a perfect roll-about light duty welding table! In addition, the barbeque was equipped with a piezo-electric burner lighter that still functioned with a push button to generate a fat arc that I now use as a lighter for my oxy-acetylene torch!! A perfect salvage instead of more junk, Bob Woods

What a tasty idea.

Europe-Asia border aka somewhere on the Saros

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjim1
    I recently was asked to dispose of an old gas barbeque by my daughter---I found the internals were badly rusted and unsafe, however: the cast iron grills and framework were undamaged--I stripped out the old burners and unneeded rusted metal---I placed a number of thin firebrick on the racks and now have a perfect roll-about light duty welding table! In addition, the barbeque was equipped with a piezo-electric burner lighter that still functioned with a push button to generate a fat arc that I now use as a lighter for my oxy-acetylene torch!! A perfect salvage instead of more junk, Bob Woods
    Lucky SOB. Most of the barbeques I've retired had loooong since lost the piezo lighter.