Thread: Contest notification

Default Contest notification

http://gearotic.com/ESW/FavIcons/index.php
    Download program: http://gearotic.com/
    A contest is alive here.

Here is something to dabble with while filling in your unused hobbyist time.
    (As a side note, check out JS's posts....he's been around.)

ArtF(aka art2) has been developing This along with Bob.

Art's welcome message in group:

Art wrote: "Welcome to the general discussion forum.
    Anyone having an interest in gearing or mechanisms are welcome here. This site is moderated by myself(Art) and my gearhead friend Bob. We are happy to answer any questions anyone has, but we do not in any way claim to be experts in the field of Gearing.
    Hopefully, enough people that ARE experts will join in and help us all with any techincal questions that
    are posted. The Gearotic Motion program is expandable, it offers very little to the user in terms of modifying the gears they create. Things like Profile Shifting, backlash, root clearances and such are purposely missing in an effort to keep it all fast and simple. If they truly are required, we will consider adding them, but we'll know that only from your experiences and questions. The idea here is not to create a do-all professional system of gear making with all the requisite complexities that would entail, but to create gears fast and easily for the people who need the functionality to reflect basic needs of the hobbiest.
    Ive spoken to many people who have not attempted making mechanisms due to the complexity involved, here we hope to see people jump in to make cool things, and show us what they've made.

The key here is for people to have fun and learn something along the way. Playing with gears is fun and educational, and for me the education makes it all worthwhile, I hope you find the same.

Thanks and Welcome,
    Art ( and Bob)
    You will have to find out more about Art and Bob on your own if you as yet do not know of them (or their works) .

If I have time, I'm going to see what kind of video I can generate.
    Anyone else have time to enter?
    Last edited by Deja Vu; 09-24-2010 at 10:00 AM.
    John M...your (un)usual basement dweller

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu
    As a side note, check out JS's posts....he's been around.)
    John told me that he's working with Art on the Gearotic program. Looks very interesting!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

bump.......
    John M...your (un)usual basement dweller