This is the lathe I needed the information regarding change gears.
It is not as old as I thought it was. 1973. Bought new by the grandfather of the man I bought it from, my horse shoer. He thinks it has not been used for at least 10 years. It was covered in dirt and grease.
It came with a box of change gears and lots of tools and accessories. We'll see if it is worth having.
I gave it its initial clean-up today. I brought it outside and cleaned it with solvent first and then pressure washed it. Then I took it inside and blew it off with my leaf blower and then sprayed oil everywhere. I took off the covers eveywhere. What I found was a surprise. It seems the old man welded the head stock to the ways. So it is about 13mm too far to the right in the direction of the tailstock. I have no idea why he would do that. It is only a small weld but it keeps the gear that drives the lead screw not in correct alignment with the change gears. It works but only half of the width of the gear is being driven. The weld is on the bottom left corner of the headstock. I will cut the weld and put the head stock where it belongs.