Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waaaay off-topic: Looking for a song!

Talking Waaaay off-topic: Looking for a song!

Ok tonight I introduced my wife to the music of Neil Young. She likes "After The Gold Rush" and "Old Man."

She really liked "Ohio" until I told her what it was about... The Kent State Incident. She feels the version I have is too "zippy" and too "rocking" for such a sad event.

...Now awhile ago I had an acoustic version of the same song. It was much slower and much more emotional. It was on the old Sony Music Thang that wore out and died.

Damned if I know where i got it from though.

Anyone out there know what album or collection this might have been from?
    This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
    Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
    Plastic Operators Dot Com

I will search my collection. MP3 collecting is legal still here since we pay a tax on every disk sold that can be used to record music. I have half a terabyte of music.

Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdVMGKOFIwY

He never sounded better.

Quote Originally Posted by dp
    Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdVMGKOFIwY

He never sounded better.
    Yes! That's the one!

Thanks DP.
    This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
    Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb

Bleh. My download speed right now is slower than dialup. Glad you found it. I'll have to listen to it later when the load is off the satellite. I do have a live performance by him but it is the same tempo as the studio versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    Bleh. My download speed right now is slower than dialup. Glad you found it. I'll have to listen to it later when the load is off the satellite. I do have a live performance by him but it is the same tempo as the studio versions.
    I found a slow acoustic version of "Ohio" and another equally well done version of "After The Gold Rush."

See... I'm in my mid-30s... My parents listened to this stuff on records then later CDs when the record player broke down for the last time.

I dislike "modern" music.... most of the stuff on my Music Pod dates before 1984... I have a few "new" songs but I prefer the classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    I will search my collection. MP3 collecting is legal still here since we pay a tax on every disk sold that can be used to record music. I have half a terabyte of music.
    You still use discs in CA ?

Lakeside: It's hard to erase a CD and you don't have to worry about the battery in your Music Pod shorting out suddenly if you have the physical media.

Not any more. That's why the music industry is bribing our politicians to ram through some super restrictive legislation much the same as the DMCA in the US. Also, the billions in disc tax that have been collected were supposed to be distributed to the artists. Last I heard nobody has ever been paid.

"supposed to be"

HA-HA, where have I heard that before, don't recall it from any government statements