Thread: DPMS .308 Lower Blueprints

Default DPMS .308 Lower Blueprints

Does anyone know of a model or blueprint set for a DPMS style LR-308 lower receiver or upper for that matter? One of the projects I would really love to try with a CNC machine is to make my own .308 upper and lower. I have seen solid models of the AR-10 design but I already have a DPMS SASS and I don't want another type of .308 magazine to stock. I know there are some nice 80% lowers out there but this is mostly an exercise in fun so I want to try starting at a solid block. Of course doing the mag-well could be a great big fly in that ointment for that plan.

I have seen them somewhere, let me check my archives...

Would be sweet if you have them. Even if I go for an 80% they all want to sell the jig for about the same cost as the reciever and that just has the depths marked on the holes for you to follow. I'd rather just have the plans and the datum points as I can make my own jigs to hold the reciever in the vice.

I found the source in my notes... the prints are available in several forms.

I hope this meets your needs> http://www.cncguns.com/downloads.html

That's the Armalite pattern and it isn't compatible to the DPMS magazines and parts kits if I understand it right. If I knew where the differences were and were not then it might be possible to work around them but I have never seen a drawing or model for the DPMS version. Tactical Machining produces the 80% DPMS pattern and a jig but seem to not be interested in sharing the drawings, just want you to buy the jig and thier lower.

Thanks for the help though. I'll keep scouring around.