Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gentlemen, I'm out of here..

Default Gentlemen, I'm out of here..

Consider this my Swan Song.

I've never wanted to be a pain in the backside for anyone. I very much appreciate Village Press and the service they provide here and I don't want to be the reason they decide maybe the trouble they get isn't worth the benefits they derive by sponsoring this board. Management tells me they get a lot of emails to deal with due to my post.

My conservative velvet gloved approach is no match for others liberal lead lined glove approach. I expect the liberal mindset will always carry a little more weight here. Now that I've moved to a more conservative viewpoint it is next to impossible for me let what I feel to be in-accurate or false writings go un-challenged. It's really best if I just leave.

If there is any topic I've participated in that I can help you with I can be reached at my email address. I don't expect to be participating on the board any longer. It would be lie if I said I wouldn't stop in and nose around from time to time. To all the guys whom I've respected and admired the talents of I appreciate the time you have given this board, as this rank rookie has learned to operate his machinery reasonably well from you guys and no one else. Take care guys and all the best.

Ray Swan...

Please don't add to this thread. Just let it die.

(I won't let the door hit me in the ass on the way out!)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

FuQ

gnm109 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Your Old Dog
    Consider this my Swan Song.

I've never wanted to be a pain in the backside for anyone. I very much appreciate Village Press and the service they provide here and I don't want to be the reason they decide maybe the trouble they get isn't worth the benefits they derive by sponsoring this board. Management tells me they get a lot of emails to deal with due to my post.

My conservative velvet gloved approach is no match for others liberal lead lined glove approach. I expect the liberal mindset will always carry a little more weight here. Now that I've moved to a more conservative viewpoint it is next to impossible for me let what I feel to be in-accurate or false writings go un-challenged. It's really best if I just leave.

If there is any topic I've participated in that I can help you with I can be reached at my email address. I don't expect to be participating on the board any longer. It would be lie if I said I wouldn't stop in and nose around from time to time. To all the guys whom I've respected and admired the talents of I appreciate the time you have given this board, as this rank rookie has learned to operate his machinery reasonably well from you guys and no one else. Take care guys and all the best.

Ray Swan...

Please don't add to this thread. Just let it die.

(I won't let the door hit me in the ass on the way out!)

Sorry to see you leave. I'm a conservative fellow by nature myself. For my part, I just don't care about what liberals say, do or think. The internet is a poor place to voice one's thoughts in any case.

I've left a number of websites when I found them to unpleasant, never to return. In fact, I did that very thing on another site only last night. The way I do it is simply to leave, with no notice whatsoever. It's easy. you just stop posting.

Good luck in any case!

Ray, Dont go, We will all be sorry not to be able to read your postings, Many of us greatly appreciate your input
    you will be sorely missed.

Dan.

RB211 Guest

It's only a web page, and everything said is only opinions of people you probably don't know.

What the hell?

musta missed something,,, YOD --- your one of the fun guys - Your not leaving over something stupid - me and you get along like pea's and carrots when the subject isn't harley's

I really hope you don't go.

I don't think he should go, either. He just needs to grow up. I'd even bet money he's not a racist, but he has used the excuse of being a conservative and a shot-at veteran to justify his use of racial slurs. Neither are valid excuses - there actually are no valid excuses. I'm a conservative and I know.

Something else that needs to be understood is that businesses are more and more using web gateways to track and restrict sites visited by employees. These devices block dangerous sites but also look for keywords and these go into a report that is mailed to the security team. These are then considered for blocking.

Have you ever wondered why you will see 'The "N" word' mentioned exactly that way and always without actually spelling it out? Even news sites that are reporting on racial slurs avoid being blocked by NetNanny gateways.

The point of that is to explain that racial slurs and other offensive content can lead to office embarrassment. So it goes beyond bad behavior by the offender - it can affect any of us.

So far as I'm concerned, racial slurs are enough reason to have blocked YOD, but doing so also allows me to view these pages from work without the site being added to our "suspicious" sites list.

BTW, the word "gook" which YOD used as a slur shows up here often, and primarily as a misspelling of "good", and when referring to what is also known as goop - icky sticky sloppy stuff. The context makes it clear, but it still sets off alarms.

Pardon the Wikipedia link, but it explains the problem well:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_s...ring_web_proxy
    Last edited by dp; 10-29-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Old dog -so... you've been beaten down my all the midgets (uh oh, a slur ) that pretend to be 7 feet tall when hiding behind their keyboards?

Quote Originally Posted by dp
    ..... I'm a conservative and I know.
    Sounds like you know pretty much everything then, especially when it comes to social interactions.

Nice of you to keep offering these free lectures to the rest of us who don't have the capability to make these judgements.

Mochinist, I'm not sure what your picture was intended to depict. But I imagine it's a pretty accurate portrayal of how George often views this "playground" when called on to intervene.

I would much rather see some others go than you. Personally, I wish you would stay.