Thread: Looking for dies for "compact metal bender"

Default Looking for dies for "compact metal bender"

This is the common bender sold by Harbor Freight, Grizzly etc. A long sad tale, but the bottom line is that I want to get the dies for one of these benders. Does anyone know of a source?

I have looked at the web sites of all the usual suspects, but in that the whole machine costs around 100 dollars I am thinking that they don't sell the die sets separately. I am hoping this isn't the case, which is why I am asking here, as there is always someone here who knows the asnwer on any given question.

thanks in advance

rollin'

Grizzly will often sell parts for machines. You might be able to get them to order some in for ya.

Make em'. If your looking for standard die set.... which are just round bar with a whole in the center. And a piece of square stock with an offset whole. And that damn wedge for right angled bends. I've made some specialty dies for my bender to bend flat bar the hard way tubing and such. All you need is the measurements if you like I can post them later.
    Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Unhappy

Tinkerer,

I would appreciate the dimensions if its not too much trouble. I suspect will have to make them, I will give Grizzly a whistle, but I'm pretty doubtful.

I bought this thing several years ago, and up until recently didn't have a good place to set it up. Like a dummy, I left it in the shipping box until today. I didn't even look in the box,...and it was taped up. When I opened the box today, I realized what the tape was about, not only had the outer box come apart, but the box inside which contained the dies ( I'm thinking,) had come apart and they apparently were lost. Somebody in the shipping chain just taped things back up and delivered the box, minus the dies. I hadn't even looked. A mistake I will never make again, but that doesn't help me right now.

So,,that puts me in need of a die set, or the dimensions.

rollin'

Rollin' Will get them tomorrow as it's in the weld shop. Will make a nice afternoon in the shop for you. I made another square block for mine as I like to use it when bending U's out of 1/4" flats instead of just the pin or 1" die.

I hate when a box comes in all taped up... worse is when the drive just leaves it and runs before anyone gets to look it over. Then when you call about damage they say "Well why did you signed for it" .
    Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.