Thread: Newbie w/ a ViaCad question.

Default Newbie w/ a ViaCad question.

First off let me say that this is an awesome resource. Now to the question.

I have just started using ViaCad v.7. I am having a problem with simple drawings. When I create a 2d shape (for instance a "T" joint) and then use the 3d tools to make it pipe. If I need to adjust the drawing it will not let me do that in the 2d mode. The select arrows wont let me select the parts of the "T". I am sure it is something simple but I cant figure it out.

I also cant seem to get the people at Punch to get me signed up on their forum so here I am.

Thanks for listeneing and the help.....

RB211 Guest

use solidworks

Hello Yammahoppy

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do. Why aren't you drawing your "T" pipe in 3D and stay in 3D? Any view that you have in 2D is available in 3D.

If you need more tutorials let me and I can send you a link. ViaCad is a great product they just need to get their act together with regards to customer service.

Michael

As for the Punch forum try this:

Hi All

Because of spamming issues, we require new users be manually authorized access to post and see attachments. Please send me a private email at tim.olson@punchsoftware.com and I will activate your account.

Regards

Tim

Michael,
    you are not lying about their customer service. so i went a different route and have a better program that is much easier to use and has way better access to online help......

Well don't keep us in suspense what's the better program?

Michael

Solidworks......

Hopefully after the "holy crap, you can do that" wears off I can get to really designing stuff in it.