Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Feline Heart Attack

Default OT: Feline Heart Attack

Just found out the hard way that cats... can have massive heart-attacks and die just like people.

Cat was two years old. I have two of them from the same litter... Got them from a breeder, they are spoiled rotten indoor cats.

Not like Ms Shop Cat who patrols the factory at night. No idea what kind she is, she's a semi-wild cat I acquired from a farmer.

Wow. It's just a dumb cat but this has really ruined my night. Pets aren't supposed to fall over dead like that.
    This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
    Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
    Plastic Operators Dot Com

So sorry to hear that.

Two years is plenty of time to grow attached. Ours live 15 to 20 years, and losing them is like losing family.

Dan

that sucks, sorry to hear. I hold my 2 cats in higher regard than many people I know (think politicians, etc)
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

MuellerNick Guest

I had a cat that suffered a disk herniation ...

Nick

Dogs have gods.

Cats have staff.

A friend of mine that lives in the this valley is a Psychiatrist. When one of her pets died she had it stuffed and mounted in a very life like pose. I think she is nuts.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

When one of her pets died she had it stuffed and mounted in a very life like pose.
    Shades of Roy Rogers!

Whenever I hear of the passing of a pet, I'm reminded of The Twilight Zone's "The Hunt".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poUKQcQrG7A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ro9SfjU1EE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVwXOQwzOVI

Default The vet is not always right.

Please accept my sympathy for your loss. Loosing a furry friend is a sad occasion. Our older cat came to us as a tiny kitten about 16 yrs ago, a neighbour.s son had stopped his moron friends from throwing the runt of a litter out of a car window and brought it home, but the cat and dog there were trying to treat it as a toy , my neighbour brought it to us for the night!!!and so I spent a Sunday night feeding this tiny kitten with an eye dropper. A well qualified vet told us that the kitten was unlikely to survive long as she has a heart murmur, and wanted us to embark on expensive life long treatment. We decided to let nature take its course.16 yrs later we still have our " Lucky kitten" She seemed in decline a couple of years ago and we rescued a beautiful ginger cat to keep her company and she seems to heve recovered her zest for life. Every day is a bonus for all of us. regards David Powell.

Very sorry for your loss. I am very attached to one of our 3 cats, a young tom who is very smart and curious, and who showers with me daily. I would grieve deeply if he passed before his time.

Really sorry to hear of your loss Liger, After some years kitties become part of the family & give a lot of love, I hold my cat in the same respect as my very best buddies. Cats are loyal and never do you down.

Dan.

Default Cats

We have 2 cats and a dog that are family members. It will be really hard on us to lose any of them. I am reminded of this though. An elderly lady had 2 poodles, a male and a female. That was the only family she had left. One day they were chasing around in the yard and ran out in the street and both were run over by a car. She couldn't bear to be without them so she took them to a taxidermist. After explaining the situation, he asked "So you want them mounted?" She said "No - holding hands will be fine."