Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SINO DRO manual rewrite

Default SINO DRO manual rewrite

I installed a SINO SDS6-2V DRO from CDCO on my 13/40 lathe. As has been noted, the included manual leaves a bit to be desired. Therefore, I have undertaken the job of trying to rewrite it. My efforts to date are attached as a pdf file. I'm hoping that others with more experience might help to edit it for accuracy. Also, there may be more information than I have been able to squeeze from the manual. I did not try to do the section on the tool storeroom.

The Y axis on my DRO has the decimal point located in front of the inch digit instead of after it. I cannot find any information about changing this. The X axis is OK.

Other than that, I am rapidly growing quite fond of this addition to my lathe. It saves a lot of time, and is very accurate.

Oops, sorry. I guess I cannot post attachments. If any are interested, please PM me and we'll see if we can find another way to get together on this.

Steve

yes I would be interested, I have the same DRO...

Is the file able to be emailed? ie under 10MB in size

Default Deco vs DROPROs

CDCO seems cheaper on basic price by $100 than DROPROs but it appears that DROPROs allows some mix and match with and allows you to substitute a thin cross scale or a higher resolution scale for a small price penalty. Does CDCO do anything similar? By the way is there any advantage or disadvantage to a thinner scale (ex: easier fit versus significant fragility?) Also does the higher resolution scale worth the extra $50 in practical terms?

The pdf is less than 200KB, the Word version less than 20KB.

I do not know about the comparison to DROPROS. Checking CDCO site may help?
    Last edited by ssinner; 12-31-2010 at 07:40 PM.

ssinner:
    Email me the pdf file at eric@compufoil.com and I'll be happy to put it on my server so people can download it directly off a link.
    Eric
    Eric Sanders in Brighton, Michigan
    www.compufoil.com

Got'er done.
    SS

rzap Guest

I would like to see what you have written. Can you please send me a copy to
    rzap@swbell.net?

Thanks
    rzap

Steve,
    Regarding the decimal point. Did you attempt to contact the manufacturer? I contacted them for info a while back and they were pretty quick to respond. I have a Clausing Master 13x36 coming and will be setting up a DRO on it. The Sino is one I was looking at, although I may attempt to use the glass scales I have from an Accurite III.
    Eric Sanders in Brighton, Michigan
    www.compufoil.com

Red face

No, I asked the guy at CDCO and he just chuckled and said he knew nothing about the DRO. Sounded like I was not the first to ask.

I looked at the SINO web site, but I cannot read Chinese, so it was of no help.

There is an international phone number on the install manual, but I'd rather just put up with the minor inconvenience than try to make that call!

BTW, that manual is easy to interpret - it says "Just figure it out yourself."

SS