Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Locked Threads

Hybrid View

Default Locked Threads

As most of you have already guessed, I did not look at the board until this morning. Light moderation is something that many of you enjoy about this board and is something I have no intention of changing. Of course, light moderation requires self-control among the members, which is a hit and miss sort of thing.

It may not be apparent, but I have been trying to keep some of the personal attacks off the board and have had some success lately. My attempts have included contacting members and banning a few others. I plan to continue taking the behind the scenes, personal approach to keeping order and expect it to eventually pay off. Donít expect an overnight turn-around though, as this approach takes time.

Regarding the weekendís threads, I am still working my way through them, but have read enough to recognize the same old pattern; many of the usual suspects up to their usual behavior. It looks to me as though all sides of the arguments are to blame.

This boardís primary purpose is to build and support the hobby machining community. Fights like these only get in the way of this purpose and drive away newcomers. I donít mind some OT posts and I donít mind some disagreement, but the personal grudges have to go.

For those who have written to me through email or PM, I will not be able to respond to every message, but promise that they have all been read and I do pay attention to the suggestions I receive.

George

Sounds like you could use a little help in the moderation department.

How about a pat on the back and a "good job, George" every once in a while?

Rosco-P Guest

Seems like we had a "Good job, George" thread going a while back. Some of the "usual suspects", managed to bugger that up as well.

Time for some assistant moderators? Sounds like jep24601 would like to help, so would I.

rosco
    Last edited by Rosco-P; 01-31-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Problem with moderators is some can quickly get on a power trip and destroy a forum.. Chasing people away..Seen it happen many times when they let their feelings and opinions drive their moderation decision rather then something which breaks the rules..

I have not seen too much wrong with this forum at the moment other then a few people getting offended at a perceived problem when none really exists..

.RC. is correct about the power-tripping. Look at what RPG.net and TREKbbs have become because of a few power-happy admins.

Another technical forum I used to frequent very rarely gets traffic because a few opinionated jackass moderators drove away all the traffic after 9/11 and the run up to the Wars. French molders were a good % of the traffic, as were other European members.

ONE moderator took it upon himself to IP ban every French member of the forum. 120 members. They never recovered their reputation after that.

Best to let George handle the moderator duties. He's fairly level-headed and fair.
    This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
    Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
    Plastic Operators Dot Com

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco-P
    ..Time for some assistant moderators? Sounds like jep24601 would like to help, so would I. rosco
    You wouldn'd want me - I got permanently banned from "Volusiariders.com" over issues with their moderators.

George admits he wasn't able to keep an eye on things over the last weekend - clearly what we need is more Georges.

There are two others with the power to lock threads and they have helped me out many times. I may be adding a few more in the future.

George

Nice PR work you're doing for your site Nelson.
    Can we expect the napalm to be tossed there as well.

Why don't you build a site with hard work and quality posts.

You sure like tossing grenades on everyone...for this alone I wouldn't p*ss on your hair if you caught fire.
    Grow up fer crying out loud.

Edited to add: Looks like George has his hands full today as the post I was addressing has rightfully been pulled.
    Not the first of Nelson's attacks today either.
    Last edited by Willy; 01-31-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Default Website

I went to your site to look around. I won't be back after all this BS. I bet George isn't flaming you on your site.