Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N.A.M.E.S 2012, Back To the Yack

Default N.A.M.E.S 2012, Back To the Yack

Well here it is right from the printers.
    We're going BACK TO THE YACK

Nuff said for now, back to this years show!
    Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

As you can see by the flyer and the map. We are back at the Yack for the show next year. It is going to be the place, just down Eureka rd. from this years show.
    Glen
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Here is the tentative layout of the arena layout as always it may be subject to changes around the edges. It is basically the same size as last years layout.

This is the schedule on seminars, There could be another addition to Sunday @ 1pm Ron Grimes redoing his Saturday one.

As with every schedule subject to health, weather and life changes may occur.

Since it just down the road from last years arena. hotel info is about the same. No new ones added so far.

The steam course has been cancelled this year!

If you are interested in taking it for next year please contact Jim Snider his contact is pjsniderat Live dot com

Also if anybody would like to help set up the show, we will be starting on April 17th at 9am. Please if you would like to help any of the the days leading to Thursday. Please email Mike Danko with the days you can work, midan543 at charter dot net Of course adjust the email addys for use.

For those that plan ahead here are the tentative show dates
    2013 April 20th &21st
    2014 April 26th & 27th
    2015 April 19th & 20th

One final reminder There will be Limited electricity 110v 300w There are NO 220VOLT outlets AVAILABLE

If you need electricity or any other special needs please contact Mike Danko ONLY!

The general safety rules and fuel limits have not changed.
    Glen

Default LIve feed from the NAMES expo on Staruday April 21st

Once again the Metro Detroit Metal Workers will be hosting a live video
    feed from the NAMES show. For all who live too far away or on the wrong
    side of the ocean you can log in to the MDMC website and check in on
    the show. The new location has internet at their location so the speed
    will be better. We should get better quality video and audio this year.

When you click on the "live video" tab and the video starts you will have
    to suffer thru a 30 second commercial and then the live video will begin.

Go to http://www.metrodetroitmetalworkers.com/
    Click the "Live Video" tab

It's that easy. The video is dependent on Adobe Flash player so if you cannot
    see the video check to see if you have flash installed.

We will be live on Saturday the 21st Only from 9:00AM to 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.

This is courtesy of Steve Huck and family of the MDMC..
    reposting of Steves announcement
    Glen

Two items that may be of interest, for those that are attending the NAMES show.

First is there will be NO table or both set up this year for Consignment Sales

Due to a falling out between the guy that has done it the last few years and the group of Live steamers that he was part of! I have no other info other than he is longer part of or affiliated with that Live steam group.

There will NO SALES ALLOWED @ THE EXHIBITORS TABLES As in all past years due to the laws regarding NON profit orgs in Michigan, There can be no sales by Exhibitors, and the ratio between vendors, and exhibitors has to be maintained along with the sales tax laws etc.

I am working on something for next year. Not enough time to put it together for this one.

The second thing is for any interested people the North America Distributor of the MULTI-PLAZ combo welding/plasma unit. Is coming in from Guatemala. He is the Author of numerous articles in the Village press magazines and George can give his correct name.

He will be demoing the unit at an outside location due to smoke etc.
    See those that are coming in two weeks.
    Glen

The Multi-plaz was demoed at Cabin fever this year, interesting machine but pricy.

PT, some of us, from our local club, have decided to display a few things, since we are going to be there anyway but won't get there until 9:30 or 10:00 on Sat. morning. Is this a problem.

From what I know, having exhibited the last three years, there shouldn't be a problem if there are any vacant tables left. probably will be.

I will be there first thing Friday morning to try to get a more prime location, and get to pick over the vendor's merchandise early. Coming on Saturday you may end up stuck in an out of the way corner, but there are others that come on Saaturday also.

I do know that the management prefers that exhibitors try to stay until the end of the day on Sunday. Some people have a long trip home and pull out early and it shortchanges and disappoints the spectators on Sunday afternoon.
    Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
    ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Quote Originally Posted by loose nut
    PT, some of us, from our local club, have decided to display a few things, since we are going to be there anyway but won't get there until 9:30 or 10:00 on Sat. morning. Is this a problem.
    Well at that time of day, you will be fighting the people trying to get in to see the show.
    As Wes said you will be taking your chances as to the number of open spots next to or close to each other. The other thing is there may not be spots with access to air drops.
    Plus as always there is no holding of places or spots, for any reasons, by anybody.
    Glen

PT, I'm sorry to say that I'm going to miss the show this year,,, the wife is dragging me to an out of town wedding. This will be that first time my brother-in - law and I have missed a show since way back when the show started at Tom M's Domino Farms.
    For those that have neer been .... make a point to attend, you will be amazed at the craftsmanship displayed.
    Joe B