Thread: OT..sort of...gas prices going down, they have us where they want us

Hybrid View

Default OT..sort of...gas prices going down, they have us where they want us

I noticed today that gas prices in our area and the surrounding states have gone down 30 cents, in our area from 4.01 to 3.71. The economic news channel also mentioned this nationwide trend, and is acting thankful. Many drivers are also feeling thankful I guess. I am going to guess the new acceptable gas cost will settle around 3.59 to 3.65 in the near future, I guess I will be thankful as well, but long for the days of 2.90 gas last winter.

I guess they have us where they want us.....
    CCBW, MAH

It's holding even here where im from (colo.)

real close to $3.73 gal

really has not dropped yet

today I was going to experiment with my TPS and my exhaust pyrometer and air fuel mixture gauge just for the hell of it - maybe see if I can melt a hole in another piston or two

I guess they have us where they want us.....
    .... for the time being. In that case, they've had us where they want us (dumbed-down sheep who won't put up a fight) for quite a long time now.

I say "for the time being" because I'm pretty sure they won't be happy with it for long. The corporate motto after all is "More is always better". I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years we will be talking about gas being "back down" to under $10/gal.

It's a good thing I'm pretty antisocial in general. Since I am fortunate enough to live pretty close to work and don't have friends to go visit after, I'm saving money there and feel for the folks with long commutes.

If any of you guys really want to stick it to the oil companies, I have a horse for sale.

Steve

wanna see gas prices fall? just start talking loudly about selling your GM truck and buying a suzuki ****box, or a hybrid, or motorbike.

Here in BC, gas prices skyrocketed a few years back to $2 a liter.
    Everyone just started TALKING about buying more efficent cars.. most not getting around to buying them.. And magicly the gas prices drop back down to $1~1.20 per liter (exact price depending on the week, phase of the moon, and how well the gas company CEOs did on thier last golf game)

Uh, uh, they haven't dropped here in Kaintuck.
    It's only ink and paper

PeteF Guest

For as long as I can recall the price of fuel has been something like 50% more in the EU than it is in the US. Guess what, not too many F150s or any other "I must have one because ..." V8s getting around there. Sure are a heck of a lot of diesels that get 1000 km on a tank though.

Is there a message there

Pete