Thread: servo drives

Default servo drives

appreciate any and all who are willing to contribute WHAT SERVO DRIVE FOR RELIABILITY AND REPAIR WOULD ANY OF YOU RECOMMEND 140 VOLT AND UP ???????????

What kind of controller? Is this to replace or a new application.
    Step/dir? Analogue?
    Intelligent drive or PID loop closed back to the controller only?
    AC or BLDC are the norm now and have virtually replaced brushed drives for preference.
    Max.

Default servo drives revisited

have all componets for a dc brush drive so must go with dc form costs sake!!! still any suggestions as to best bet for dc larken viper ?
    dugong dc ? will go dc brush because of parts already assembled

Default servo drives revisited

have all componets for a dc brush drive so must go with dc form costs sake!!! still any suggestions as to best bet for dc larken viper ?
    dugong dc ? will go dc brush because of parts already assembled

140 volt sems motors i have brushed

I am guessing you are using something like Mach so need step/dir drives.
    Larken fill the bill especially if using SEM.
    Are you using the existing power supply? If not ideally you need a DC supply that is at least motor voltage +10%.
    Max.

Talking servo s drive and max head

who ever comment or reply at any time YES THEY ARE SEMS BRAND NEW 140 VOLT BRUSH GOT FROM A WHILE BACK IT SOUNDS LIKE LARKEN IS BEST FOR WHAT I HAVE ,I ALSO HAVE TRANSFORMER AND YES MACH 3

PLEASE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS NOTHING WILL OFFEND MY PRIDE ALWAYS WILLING TO LEARN ESPECIALLY WITH THIS INVESTMENT

WEHAT DO YOU THINK OF CNC4PC BOARD AND SMOOTH STEPPER BOARD want TO ADD PENDANT ALSO

For servo's I think I would go with Dynomotion over smooth stepper, you get closer to true closed loop control.
    If you have existing analogue drives already you can add Kanalog for 10vdc control.
    Max.

Default Servo Drives 4

No Existing Controller Buildng From Scratch Have A Smooth Stepper,mach3,transform,3 Sems Want To Use Usb Stepper With A Toshiba Laptop 500 Gb I5 Intel And C32 Cnc4pc Breakout , The Dc Sems Are 2000 Line Count With Differential But Will Listen For All You Are Willing To Recommend Please Suggest Away

Will Look At Dynomotion While You Read If Myou Want Include Your Phone ????????? If Not Appreciate All

A couple years ago I retrofitted my bridgeport V2E3 mill. I went with dugong drives and have been extremely satisfyied. I used a laptop, mach and a smoothstepper. I am still amazed how well everything performs. I did a build thread on cnczone, just search for V2E3 and you can look it over.

I am now retrofitting my 14x40 geared head lathe and went with the smaller brother to the dugongs, the whale3 and kelling servos.

Hope this helps some