Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Copying Photobucket Links In Firefox

Default OT: Copying Photobucket Links In Firefox

I have finally started using the Firefox browser and really like it. But I have just encountered a problem. When I attempted to copy a link to a photo on Photobucket to incorporate into a post here, I could not do so. I looked at as many settings as I could find but none seemed to be responsible for this lack of functionality. Is this normal for Firefox, or is there a setting or trick that I am not aware of? I am using Windows 7 if that is a factor. Any suggestions?
    Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

think you need java quick starter 1

go to tools and add-ons ..and there is a thing there somewhere to add more add-ons

the youtube downloader is quite good while you are there.

made a mistake thee

you need a plug-in available on the same menu

shockwave 10,3,183,7

think it comes with adobe flash player 10,3,183,7

choose from the list "get add-ons"

all the best.markj
    Last edited by aboard_epsilon; 09-21-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Photobucket has made it a lot harder to link.... lots of clicky-click and windows opening now, when it used to be pretty easy.

But if you hover on teh picture, and select "SHARE" on the blue header, a window opens with a "get link code" tab.

Select that, and find "IMG for BBS". On eitehr full size or thumbnail , Click once at left, then drag across it to copy it with right click..

Go to the BBS, right click and paste into the text. Done.

yeah, you might need to update Java and maybe something else.

Photobucket harder to link? one click... Hover over album thumbnail (don't even open it), box drops down, click on (for example) "img", and it says "copied". At least it does in IE9...
    Last edited by lakeside53; 09-21-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside53
    Harder to link? one click... Hover over album thumbnail (don't even open it), box drops down, click on (for example) "img", and it says "copied". At least it does in IE9...
    Does not work for me..... FF 3.0.19 + all the &^%$# updates adobe and Java wanted (some of which I would like to un-do).

Just sits there if I do as you suggest...... I have to use the "long form".

My tolerance for stuff like that is zero. Plently of browers to choose.

I forgot to say that I could easily copy the link via IE in the same way that I have done it for years now. The only problem is in Firefox.
    Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Photobucket harder to link? one click... Hover over album thumbnail (don't even open it), box drops down, click on (for example) "img", and it says "copied". At least it does in IE9...
    I'm using Firefox and that's exactly how it works for me too.

As best I can tell from threads of woe, none of Jerry's computers like him

As best I can tell from threads of woe, none of Jerry's computers like him
    Nah..... I have very rare real problems with comps...... I have had computers since before there was such a thing as an IBM PC anywhere, and I have never had to take a computer to anyone for service or software problems (not counting at work, where the IT folks were the only authorized "fixers")

Most of the troubles have been with deeds of other family members..... that I am the one to find out about...... and need to fix

The big BSOD problem I finally found out was apparently due to someone yanking a thumb drive at just the wrong time during shutdown..... They were afraid to leave it in place when the comp shut down....

I have seen temporary BSOD episodes on Dell laptops if the power supply is plugged-in at just the wrong time at startup..... OK the next try, though.

As for PB.....My version of FF is older, the Mozilla upgrade bots have been nagging me to upgrade for months.

Probably if I did, the direct link would work as it used to do.

I blame PHOTOBUCKET, and not FF, though....... The "hover-link" system USED TO work..... then Photobucket "upgraded" their site, and several things instantly stopped working...... with SAME FF version that had previously worked fine.....