Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ID this Lathe please

Default ID this Lathe please

Hello all. One of those deals a person cant pass up has come my way. Widow has a garage full of equipment she would like to get rid of.

Can anyone ID it? worth the effort to move and rig up a 3ph power supply?
    It would be going into my 2car shop (no cars allowed). It just seems big for my needs. (have not seen it in person going to see it Friday)

Don't come home with out it And the Mill, looks like a well cared for machine

Na.. pile of old junk. I can help out -tell me where it is and I'll scrap it for you

HEY - you can never have a lathe too big!!! haul everything home.

It just seems big for my needs. (have not seen it in person going to see it Friday)
    You can always do small work on a big lathe but you can't do big work on a small lathe. If the price is right grab it. If you're smart and have the coin I'd also suggest trying to work a package deal for both the lathe and the mill.

You might regret buying it for turning, facing and threading ladies wrist watch parts.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by DATo
    You can always do small work on a big lathe but you can't do big work on a small lathe............

She would already hear my reverse beeper coming up the driveway in a truck if it was me, LOL

Dave

Its 25 years or more since I used one, but I reckon that is an Okuma lathe, excellent machines.

Tony Griffiths site tends to confirm Okuma
    http://www.lathes.co.uk/okuma/

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Br
    Tony Griffiths site tends to confirm Okuma
    http://www.lathes.co.uk/okuma/
    Stuart,

The Okuma I used to use had a tailstock as per Tony's website, i.e. rapid lever, angled handwheel etc. a mechanical masterpiece actually (except for the lift-rollers which seemed like a good idea, but coolant used to seize them up.....)

I see the lathe which zerodegreesc has posted has a more simple tailstock, so perhaps this is a copy (Tony mentions 'Dong Yang').

So I will revise my opinion - it looks like an Okuma. The mill (e.g. the 'Y' powerfeed) looks like a clone, so perhaps the lathe is too?
    Last edited by Peter S; 10-12-2011 at 07:52 AM.

I'd be all over that mill! Where are you located? I'll help you haul the lathe if I can get the mill!
    Andy