Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: expensive demonstration

Expensive? Try pricing a conventional ad to run hundreds of thousands of times internationally. Viral Video is the future of advertising.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

That was pretty cool!

I guess there was no point in the operator wearing a hardhat but the commentator should not have been standing under the excavator.
    Mike

My Dad always said, "If you want people to do things for you on the farm, you have to buy a machine they can sit on that does most of the work."

I've never run a Liebherr hoe, But I can say you can bet that's not a stock off the shelf machine. Standard machines won't do that because there's no need. While digging, If the rear counter weight is overpowered your wasting your time. Compare a normal hoe's hydraulic cylinder arangement. Normally you have a single cylinder on top of the boom to operate the stick, (the part between the main boom and what he uses to get a lock at the very end of the boom stick assembly). You'll also see twin hydraulic cylinders powering that plate. Normally there's one. No doubt all hydraulic lines would be upgraded to at least triple braid, The hydraulic pumps are most likely larger and certainly more powerful, And the engine stepped on to add more horse power. I'd also say I'd bet he has a mini camera to view that plate position so he gets a positive lock. Yeah it's a impressive demonstration, But with that towers design there's little chance of anything going wrong. Their also beating the hell out of those track rollers supporting the full machine weight over a very small area. It's still a pretty cool video though.

Pete

That was done for a German TV show called "Wetten Dass"....

where they bet on wether something can be done...a "You bet" show

So the exposure was cheap imho.

Rob
    Last edited by MrSleepy; 11-02-2011 at 04:52 PM.

I've seen one other video of that demonstration and it looked like it was done in an indoor sports complex. I think Liebherr fund the whole thing as a traveling show. They do make very good, expensive construction and mining equipment. There's one of a real large Lieberr hydraulic mining shovel crushing a car just by opening the bucket that's full of water somewhere on Youtube. Very impressive IMO.

Pete

Nifty, it looks like theres little latch bolts that extend into into the structure from the 'plate', so that looks pertty secure...

the locking into the tracks those.. that scares the hell outta me!

Quote Originally Posted by uncle pete
    I've never run a Liebherr hoe, But I can say you can bet that's not a stock off the shelf machine. Standard machines won't do that because there's no need. While digging, If the rear counter weight is overpowered your wasting your time. Compare a normal hoe's hydraulic cylinder arangement. Normally you have a single cylinder on top of the boom to operate the stick, (the part between the main boom and what he uses to get a lock at the very end of the boom stick assembly). You'll also see twin hydraulic cylinders powering that plate. Normally there's one. No doubt all hydraulic lines would be upgraded to at least triple braid, The hydraulic pumps are most likely larger and certainly more powerful, And the engine stepped on to add more horse power. I'd also say I'd bet he has a mini camera to view that plate position so he gets a positive lock. Yeah it's a impressive demonstration, But with that towers design there's little chance of anything going wrong. Their also beating the hell out of those track rollers supporting the full machine weight over a very small area. It's still a pretty cool video though.

Pete
    The fact that the machine is doing what it is doing, is enough to convince me the company knows what they are doing. I think that might be a selling point.
    Gene

i have seen the thing on a different one, there are fixtures under the machine too, shes not gripping on the track, well it couldend, inadequate friction, might grip a wood pad like ok but that weight steel on steel wont work [ trust me on that i have watched some big steel things sliding this morning cos some numpty forgot the oak blocks!, an im not guilty this time]
    it is an impressive sight though!, if i was the drive id be pissing myself, next they plan to loop the loop for a bet!
    mark

I still say one slip and his butt bites a hole in the seat
    I just need one more tool,just one!