Thread: WARNING from FBI re: Malicious Email

Post WARNING from FBI re: Malicious Email

Please read the following regarding a notice from the FBI regarding a false notification via email which hides a virus bomb

DO not under any circumstance click on the attachment to that email if you recieve it!

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13504

[This message has been edited by Thrud (edited 01-09-2004).]

Exclamation

Thanks, got spy bot last night and it is almost as good as new!
    Does anyone actually read siglines?

Benjamin Borowsky Guest

I don't know what's sadder - the fact that there are people out there industriously trying to screw complete strangers, the fact that they're so goddamned stupid that they can't even spell... or the fact that there are others who fall for it.

Arrgh, disgusted with the whole world this morning.

B2

Check out the cookies that come with that site.

Yeah,but can and will the FBI really do something about this on going problem?It seems to be a situation where they are over powered with to many other things.

Seems to me that is the same one that Alistair was all bothered about a few weeks ago. It's a scam.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

Shed make sure you get SpywareBlaster as well and update frequently. It is an ActiveX blocker and stops most pop-ups and spyware. Believe me it works.

If you search on Google you will find Javacool's site right away - use no spaces in "SpywareBlaster"

Yep, I install AVG Anti Virus, Spybot and Spywareblater on every new machine I sell. Cuts down on the complaints.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here