Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric Car

Hybrid View

Default Electric Car

THis little electric car just pulled into my place. He needed to fill up! The owner is the father of one of my daughters schoolmates. He just bought the car and was not sure how far he could drive.

The car is registered as an official auto. He can drive it on the Autobahn if he wants. To me it looks like a covered bicycle. It has a top speed I think of around 75 kilometers per hour.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

3 wheeled cars remind me of the Reliant Robin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

Steve.

Good thing it is not blue or Mr Bean would be upset
    If you are using violence and it does not work, You are not using enough.

It has pedals he can go as far as he want's to. In reality here is where a tiny diesel engine would be great. To power the car & charge the batteries.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich theory of life." Theodore Roosevelt

I'm guessing that it is okay on the Autoban because a real car could drive right over it with out getting hurt, right?

Tom

It looks like it should have a set of hang glider'esque wings and a backwards engine and propeller pushing it.

I give the man credit. I would be terrified to drive that lil thing on the road.
    "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

That's cool! In my neighborhood, the meth-heads wouldn't even have to break into it, they'd just pick it up, and walk off with it.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Quote Originally Posted by rythmnbls
    3 wheeled cars remind me of the Reliant Robin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

Steve.
    This is my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJdrlWR-yFM

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

There's someone here in town (a university professor, I believe) that has one just like that except white. I got to see its big brother a year or so back when they were competing in the X-prize for electric vehicles. The company is German if I'm not mistaken.
    Stuart de Haro

Quote Originally Posted by John Stevenson

My favorite episode. Along with the diy camper one.
    i hope jeremy weathers his current troubles OK. he might be an ahole but hes a right funny one. he makes the show.