Thread: b&s rotab disassembly help

Default b&s rotab disassembly help

An 18" b&s rotary table was included in a box of machine doodads that I recently won in an auction. I know absolutely nothing about this rotab and would like to find some user info, drawings and/or disassembly instuctions.

It operates smoothly and looks to be in good used condition except the table lock doesn't seem to lock very well. I want to disassemble it for two reasons: 1. curiosity and 2. to fix the table lock if possible.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Peyton

Buy a crane to handle it, first.

First make sure the worm is disengaged, then remove table locks can't remember if there are angled ended pins that the locks push on if there are they have to be removed, then turn over and remove the spindle lock nut and then raise the base off the table the base has to come up square if you tip it, it will bind, clean and reassemble and you have a big rotab. Sold the one I had and my biggest job for it was slotting a 48" cast iron lapping table mounted on a 48" steel disk, had to make an extension for the worm drive handle.

What no picture
    Cheers Kiwi

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi
    What no picture
    Cheers Kiwi
    Sorry, I've got to buy/build a crane first.

Peyton

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    First make sure the worm is disengaged, then remove table locks can't remember if there are angled ended pins that the locks push on if there are they have to be removed, then turn over and remove the spindle lock nut and then raise the base off the table the base has to come up square if you tip it, it will bind, clean and reassemble and you have a big rotab. Sold the one I had and my biggest job for it was slotting a 48" cast iron lapping table mounted on a 48" steel disk, had to make an extension for the worm drive handle.
    Thanks for the great info duckman. It is a *big rotab* for sure ... I can see a crane, or at least an engine hoist in the near future. I've had the table lock off and there appears to be a brass slug in the hole ... probably the angle-ended pins you mentioned.

Peyton