Thread: I KNEW I'd eventually find a use for it.

Hybrid View

Default I KNEW I'd eventually find a use for it.

We recently had to buy a new microwave. It was doing fine except for an annoying rattle in the case. I pressed here and there, and finally found a place where I could stop the noise. I put my scale on the spot to see how much pressure was needed, and it turned out to be just a little over five pounds.

The stainless steel ball I salvaged from a three-inch valve several years ago weighs six pounds, and it stops the rattle very nicely.

There is nothing like "treating the symptom". Rather than the disease.
    :-) Do you have any idea how long it took for me find the spelling of that? (disease).
    ...Lew...

It will eventually blow up, as that rattle is for sure a bad bearing throwing vibrations into the optical starter motor, which will cause a heavy draw of current bypassing the sniffter sensor!!

Talking

And now your cook has a nice shiny paper weight to hold down the receipes - or throw at anyone who complains.
    I cut it twice, and it's still too short!
    Scott

"Knew I'd find a use for it..." That's how I felt abut the microwave itself when it packed it in...

my shop clock
    "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Talking

The Flux Capacitor going out also causes a bad vibration!

Nice manuever (although the Fonz would have solved it with a fist blow to the right place). When the problem gets to the point where you have your anvil on top of the microwave, you may have to regroup.