Thread: What Type of Hose for Argon?

Default What Type of Hose for Argon?

Do I need any special kind of hose to run my Argon from the regulator at the bottle to my Tig Machine or can I just buy some PVC hose at the hardware store? ( I have hose fittings)

Anything will work, you do want reinforced. You can see 40-50 psi in a line depending on the regulator.

I would just go to the weld shop and pick up a hose. Then it has the correct gas connectors on the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by macona
    I would just go to the weld shop and pick up a hose. Then it has the correct gas connectors on the lines.
    Yeah, any standard welding gas hose will work and any welding supplier should have them. Fittings are the same as those used on oxygen lines...
    Keith

Default hose

I have use air hose for a compressor for years

I bought reinforced PVC from the hardware store. This is for a Chinese plasma/stick/tig machine and it came with a hose fitting for the regulator end and the other end just uses a hose clamp at the machine so I didn't want to buy a hose with the standard fittings already on it.

Just about any hose that will handle the pressure. Argon is an atmospheric gas.

i find 6mm/1/4" nylon handy because you can use push fittings, saves time and effort looking for barbed tails and hose clips
    easy to switch machines too!
    mark