Thread: Mesa Tools

Default Mesa Tools

anyone here purchase from MESA TOOLS their tools are made in house in OREGON, their shipping is very reasonable, $6.00 flat rate in the US $10.00 flat rate to CANADA, their prices are very reasonable, shipping is prompt and accurate. I recently ordered several of their items and received them within 6 days. nicely made in the US (inserts are import). I have no affiliation with mesa tools just a satisfied customer.
    check mesatools.com. tom

Yes I bought the screw cutting tool in two flavours,
    Very nicely made and at a reasonable price, can't comment on pricing as Mark Hockett brouht it over for me a couple of years ago when he did the Harrogate show.

Keep meaning to convert it to a swing tool operation as that's all I use nowadays.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Have looked at (good size for home shop size lathe) but hesitated because of the insert choice, from what I have found (or not found), those turning tool DPGB are tough to find. Still considering the boring bars.

I bought one of his 3/4" boring bars about 2 years ago. Only used it once or twice, but it's a huge improvement over the brazed carbide ones from LMS. Though I have to say that watching my little mini-mill swing a 3" boring head makes me a bit nervous at times.

Sorry, meant to say "Can't comment on shipping, as Mark Hockett brought it over"

Prices were whatever it said on the web site, also bough a box of 10 inserts at the same time.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Default Mesa Tools

I have a lot of their tools. The quality and service is good. The price is attractive. I donít care a lot for the inserts that their boring bars use but they are a step up from what I was using. The Diamond shaped insert boring bars work better for me.
    Byron Boucher
    Burnet, TX

I have the tools that go into a boring head, 2" in this case. I really like them. Well built and solid.

AB