04-15-2012, 05:06 PM
There you go fellows. If I've done this right, (I'm never sure), this should get you all 51 drawings as pdf files by clicking this download link. I give you fair warning, this is not for the faint of heart, nor the inexperienced (newby) machinist. It is a wonderfull project, and I believe the drawing details cover about 98% of what I have built. The other 2% you will have to make up as you go along. The drawings are free---fair compensation for putting up with me all these months. If you discover any horrible errors let me know. There shouldn't be any, because these drawings are the ones I built from, but design engineering is a strange business, and sometimes errors do slip through. The project is not totally finished, but I will not be creating any more drawings for whatever I do as I move foreward beyond this stage.-----Brian
04-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks for this excellent project!
04-16-2012, 08:39 AM
+ 1 on that.
Thanks very much.
04-16-2012, 09:36 AM
As I said in an earlier post----I like Captain Jerry's idea about an A-Frame boom---Might go here next!!!
04-17-2012, 09:53 AM
The engine looks great. Fine work indeed.
Originally Posted by brian Rupnow
It may be a bit late but a bit of engine turning might add a nice detail to the door and would cover up the machining marks.
04-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Do you have a small rock tumbler and some media?
04-17-2012, 04:57 PM
If you go way back to post #357, you will see where I said that a sawed off pop-sicle stick and fine sandpaper got rid of most of the machining marks.---i just didn't take a picture of it after that.
04-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Found a little spare time and a piece of scrap aluminum yesterday, to start the A-frame hoist.
04-18-2012, 01:42 PM
And some time this afternoon to finish cutting it out, profile the edges, and chase down a couple of stainless rods to become the legs. Hand bombing the radius around the edges is very finicky business, but when done right, it adds a lot to a part.
04-18-2012, 04:18 PM
That looks real nice, and i think is going to add greatly to the engine. Nice work!!