Thread: N.American made pump oiler?

Default N.American made pump oiler?

Anybody have some brand name suggestions for a quality american made pump oiler ?

Getting fed up with my old one as it always seemed to "wick" oil out and down the handle when it was sitting.

Suggestions would be appreciated,, thanks.

Pretty sure Dutton-Lainson is still making oilers here: http://www.dutton-lainson.com/categories.php?cat=31

But I won't guarantee they won't wick some oil. That's kinda what most lubricating oils do...

Simple, Bend the nossel up
    If you must bend it at 90 degrees, make the bend near the endof the hose, and ever so slightly shy of 90 degrees, and just keep more oil in the oiler. This will make the oil run back into the can, instead of wick/drip out.

Also, while they look kinda stupid, the 'spring bottom' oilers are VERY nice because they are so simple theres nothing to fail. Very good when all the oilers (that you'd want to pay for..) are chinese made to such a low quality standard you'll be lucky if they don't already leak.

The fully plastic 'spring bottom' oilers work nice too, And note you don't need to make the bottom pop to get oil out, you can VERY easily get just a couple drops by pushing on the bottom lightly, Likey more accurately then the lever type once the pump gets finicky.

Don't get the plastic 'spring bottom' oilers with the retractable 'hose' thingy, The one I bought leaked as where the hose seals to the nossel, the nossel split. Get the spring bottom oilers where the hose is basicly part of the lid itself.
    Last edited by Black_Moons; 01-28-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Pretty sure Dutton-Lainson is still making oilers here: http://www.dutton-lainson.com/categories.php?cat=31

But I won't guarantee they won't wick some oil. That's kinda what most lubricating oils do...
    +1 for the Goldenrod oil cans,just bought two new ones awhile back,worth every penny.
    I just need one more tool,just one!