Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: This should be interesting

Default OT: This should be interesting

I saw in news that Tata in India, who now owns Jaguar/Land Rover, are in negotiations for some manufacturing in China.

The prospect of Lucas electrics manufactured in China positively boggles the mind. OTOH all you guys who still have containers of that replacement Lucas magic smoke may be on the point of making a killing. Unfortunately all mine was gone long ago.
    "Be thankful you don't get all the government you pay for." Will Rogers

Sadly looks to me that more British manufacturing jobs will follow on down the "Yellow Brick Road "to China, Minus the workforce

Thanks a billion Tata & all the others involved

Just like the U S!
    *Plan for the Future but Live each Day as if it were your Last, for one day it will be* Live Life Bold, Strong, Fearless, Happy, Thankful & at Peace.

Tata is "big deal - REAL big deal.

For those who may be that way inclined - read this and weep:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_mo...and_Land_Rover

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_motors

Where i work, we make a part for Land Rover. Made in the USA - for now.
    Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
    ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

If memory serves, LR quit using Lucas way back when BMW bought 'em out. For sure no Lucas was used after Ford had owned 'em for a while. Jag quit when Ford bought them in the 90's.

Weston, I guess the part you guys make goes back to the Ford days? Of course, even though they're owned by Tata now, there's a lotof Ford involvement.
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Tata made a billion pound profit on turnover of ten billion with Jaguar/Land Rover last year which is a serious amount of money more than anyone else has made out of them in a lot of years.
    Tata are a true multinational in a lot of fields and as such will always move manufacturing to where it`s most economical.I believe the Land Rover Defender production will be going overseas as it will no longer be able to be sold in Europe due to more stringent laws coming in.

Default Jag - Land Rover

Over here Ta Ta means goodbye. I may not be getting that new 12 cylinder Jag after all!

UUHH!!!
    Just to be 100% correct. If LUCAS was to be made in China, It would be then pronounced RUCAS

So the prince of darkness company will mate with the queen of shoddy? There goes the dream for buying a Jag when my lotto ship comes in.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by uncle pete
    UUHH!!!
    Just to be 100% correct. If LUCAS was to be made in China, It would be then pronounced RUCAS

So the prince of darkness company will mate with the queen of shoddy? There goes the dream for buying a Jag when my lotto ship comes in.

Pete
    Or as the Jetson's dog Astro would say, "Ruh-Roh!"
    Gary