Thread: Delta Ac Servo ASD-B2-0721-B

Default Delta Ac Servo ASD-B2-0721-B

Lookin at a ac servo's for my IH Clone mill, considering buying Mitsubishi or Yaskawa used on ebay.

Keling sells these ac drives+motors Delta ASD-B2-0721-B they look similar to the Mitsubishi or Yaskawa drives, decent price $720.00 not much more than a used drive with motor.

Anyone used these drives?
    Good?
    Bad?
    Any comments?

Ed

Probably not terrible. Delta makes a lot of different electronics.

But I would rather have used Mitsubishis or Yaskawas over the Deltas. Especially if you can get the newer J2S series from Mitsu. The on-the-fly auto tune is pretty great. MR-H also has it but you need a pendant or control software to configure them.

Yes that was one question I had in my mind, the auto tune. These drives seem to have some kind of auto tune function, a quick look through the manual, seems to say the auto tune updates every 30 min. ?????

The auto tuning of the Mitsubishi and Yaskawa drives is the one feature that really has me leaning toward buying them.

The Mitsubishi drives, that I was considering are in fact MR-J2S series 750 Watt.

I am just Considering all the options out there, before I make a decision.

Ed

Default Worked with Mitsubishi, Yaskawa and Omron

I have worked with Mitsubishi, Yaskawa and Omron (were made by Yaskawa) and I preferred the Yaskawa/Omron drives. There is a serial cable that you can get as an option for the Yaskawa drives that does make setup a bit easier. Get one working right and copy the config. The ones I worked with had an Auto Tune switch. Turn the switch on and in just a few seconds it was ready to go. Ran the drives a bit and turned the switch off.

A note about the omron/yaskawa drives. Some configuration parameters cannot be access though the computer software, only through a pendant. I had to call the Yaskawa techs about it last year and they didn't even realize that themselves until I brought it up. The parameter I wanted to set was the "rigidity" setting which controls the stiffness of the tuning. Kind of important!