I've been wanting a new rifle benchrest but what i liked i couldn't afford (retired) and what i could afford.... i didn't like. So, looked around the web, found 3 or 4 i did like, printed some pictures. Then, scrounged around the shop found almost of the materials required in stock. Now i have the pictures, the machinery, and the desire (probably a little short in ability though).
Made a few sketches and spent a lot of time sitting at the workbench pondering "how the heck do i make this part from what material i have in stock.
Fired up the mill and lathe and here is the results. I also decided to add some interchangable brass parts (for the aesthetic effect) and a carrying case for the brass parts and the interchagable feet (both rubber pads and tapered steel).