Thread: Some more classifieds

BillH Guest

Post Some more classifieds

Well, some guy is selling a 14.5 to 16" south bend lathe for 200$, says Free shipping, and anotehr guy is selling a 10" south bend on a metal cabinet with tooling for 500$
    There is a flip side to having way too many tools in the classifieds, It drives you insane when you have no room or money left.
    Jay Leno has a garage full of old cars, I think I would have a huge garage filled with machinery.

You can never have too many macnines or tools.

------------------
    Paul G.
    Paul G.

jfsmith Guest

I would be adding on to the house at that point, or buying one of those segmented building that can be setup on your concrete pad and enlarged if needed.

Jerry

It pays to read the adverts.
    Earlier this week I spotted this
    FOR SALE: 6" dia Toolmakers Rotary Table with tee slots for ¼" dia
    bolts. Graduated tilt facility. Plan view size 10" x 10".
    Table height 5" above base.
    Made by HAUSER of Switzerland.
    Suitable for Bridgeport size machine.
    £55. Buyer must collect.
    That's about $90, so I shot up the road about an hour away and sure enought one very nice Swiss tilting and rotary table in nice condition. Tilt is by another worm and wheel and it can go from 0 to 90 degrees vertical.
    On the bottom of the rotary table there is a track that's been hand scrapped and a fulcrum lever runs on this and adjusts the vernier scale to compensate for any worm errors down to one second.
    The centre hole is bored for a collet similar to a 5C in shape and looks but only 15mm on the shank, One 'collet' came with this for centering.
    This is one serious piece of kit, pic to follow later.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

John
    Between you and Alistair I don't know which of the two of you lucky swedes find the best deals but both of you seem to have all four horse shoes planted firmly up yer collective bums! It's just not fair I am telling you!

BillH Guest

You know thrud, my 150$ buffalo 18 drill press came with a free Tap MAttic tapping head. Has a nice clutch on it, rubber flex collet, it works. Guy just gave it to me, he didnt know how to use it.

Wink

Bill... I really wish you'd quit that. It's really making me sick now. If you lived up here in the bush you'd make yourself sick too..
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

BillH Guest

Torker, when I was in Florida visiting my Uncle, I felt lost. THe classifieds, no used machinery. Just Nothing. A very empty feeling indeed.