OT.. Any Yasnak MX3 Guru's willing to anwser a question?
Hi, trying to help a friend get his new to him CNC mill running. It was delivered, powered up, and running. He removed a couple covers to do a bit of cleaning and some thing went wrong. The X axis still works fine. However the Z and Y axis no longer function. Nothing evident has happened. My question is how does one get into the MX3 ladder logic? I'm an electrician by trade and feel I would stand a chance if I could monitor the logic. Any help on this matter would be greatly appeciated.
Thanks in advance
I am not familiar with that control but it appears to be standard configuration where the servo's are fed and controlled from the CNC side.
If so it may not help much accessing the PLC?
Is there no alarms or indication from the controller that anything is wrong?
If you go to jog an axis and nothing moves, you typically would get an alarm of following error or similar.
Also check to see if the axis are under control by trying to turn the motor shaft, they should normally be held in place by servo control.
I have no familiarity with that machine, but the very first thing I check in a situation similar to that is interlock switches on the pannels he removed and replaced.
Thanks for the replies. Problem solved. It seems as though if the ATC in not at the home prox switch the Y and Z axis is disabled. A little adjustment an back in service. I'd stil vert much like to know how to get into the ladder logic though.
For the past few months, I've been helping my friend, who is a professional machinist, to set up his new to him, 1984 Mori Seike SL3 with Yasnac LX1 controls. I have no specific knowledge of the MX3 except to say that we had a similar problem, or rather a couple of similar problems.
Originally Posted by hoof
The non-functioning axes were traced to dirty, corroded door switches. We cleaned these thoroughly and the axes began to operate when the doors were properly closed.
The other issue was that the Z an X axes failed to home properly. Being a simple fellow, I suspected the relays, of which there is an entire door full. A close check of the relays found that there were three that were stuck and one that had been arcing somewhat. Removal of the caps and some cleanup fixed all four and the axes began to home properly.
We are now working on getting proper communication into the serial port so that we can load programs properly. This seems to be that he has need of a new computer with more memory and we are looking at that.
The manuals are available on the Yaskawa website. Be sure to check any relays and door switches.