Thread: Dare I Gloat?

Default Dare I Gloat?

This may not qualify but I bought a Ramco band saw off eBay for $100. Owner says he bought new, made 100 cuts and developed an electrical problem. He tried to fix and got lost(I resemble this) and it's been in storage since. Appearance justifies his story. A friend is industrical electrician so I think we can sort it out. Also have bid in on 30 ton shop press($100). These are both local with local delivery so not much interest Good for me!

Sounds like a gloat to me!! Congrats and good luck with the electrics.

No gloating allowed....without pictures!

But it has the potential. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by PixMan
    No gloating allowed....without pictures!

But it has the potential. Congratulations.
    Reminds me - I don't think we've ever seen pix from yourself of that plasma system that "fell into your hands".

Quote Originally Posted by tlfamm
    Reminds me - I don't think we've ever seen pix from yourself of that plasma system that "fell into your hands".

Fair enough, I suppose, but here's my take. Gloating is, IMHO, reserved for those transactions of sale where:

1. You know the seller was just giving you a tremendous bargain and the seller knew they were doing it.
    2. A public auction (live or on-line) where you got the item beating other bidders.
    3. You're at a flea market, yard sale, etc, where others have fair access to it, but you got it first.

Where gloating isn't kosher would be:

1. A close relative died and left it to you. You paid an enormous price for it.
    2. A kind soul offers to give you something of value and you don't want to rub it others' faces.

In the case of the plasma cutter, it's that last one. The unit sits on the garage of my nephew (a welder), and we are looking for an affordable, big-enough phase converter to handle the load of that monster. I did get an argon tank, just need POWER now.

I will pick up the saw next week along with a 30 ton shop press minus hydraulic jack for an additional $99. Pictures to follow

With out photos, it didn't happen