Thread: Almost was a gloat.

Default Almost was a gloat.

Checking the local craigslist this morning I saw an ad in the tools section for a sharp milling machine. Ad read, sharp milling machine with digital readout. 3 phase machine with motor converter(I don't know if it was a rotary or not). Used very little in good shape. This is FREE if you come and take it. Plus the ad had a phone number in it. Call the guy, it was a nice older gentleman that had the machine for sometime that just wanted it out of the garage(yes it wasn't in a basement) to free up some space. He said you can come at 1pm, and I am thinking sweet I can't belive it is still there. In his next sentence he asked for my number in case the person coming at 12pm didn't take it . I called him back at 12:45pm and he said they took it away Oh-well win some lose some, but I am still not happy about it.

Should have been there at 11AM.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich theory of life." Theodore Roosevelt

I would have been there about as fast as the phone hangs up. Can't waste time on deals like that!
    mark costello-Low speed steel

imo a bit of an asshat move on his part saying come at one. me, i'd be "sorry gone pending pickup" then ask for you number/email in case there was a no show. Not fair getting you excited saying come at 1:00

Had a guy 10 miles away post a free HF lathe on craigslist with an address & no number or anyway to reply. I saw it right after & bit. He said I was 3 minutes late. I don't think he ever had one.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich theory of life." Theodore Roosevelt

Uggggghhhhhh that's a tough one dude --- that ones going to stick with you for awhile -- u might even need some counseling...