Thread: Almost was a gloat.

Default Almost was a gloat.

Checking the local craigslist this morning I saw an ad in the tools section for a sharp milling machine. Ad read, sharp milling machine with digital readout. 3 phase machine with motor converter(I don't know if it was a rotary or not). Used very little in good shape. This is FREE if you come and take it. Plus the ad had a phone number in it. Call the guy, it was a nice older gentleman that had the machine for sometime that just wanted it out of the garage(yes it wasn't in a basement) to free up some space. He said you can come at 1pm, and I am thinking sweet I can't belive it is still there. In his next sentence he asked for my number in case the person coming at 12pm didn't take it . I called him back at 12:45pm and he said they took it away Oh-well win some lose some, but I am still not happy about it.

Should have been there at 11AM.
    *Plan for the Future but Live each Day as if it were your Last, for one day it will be* Live Life Bold, Strong, Fearless, Happy, Thankful & at Peace.

I would have been there about as fast as the phone hangs up. Can't waste time on deals like that!
    mark costello-Low speed steel

imo a bit of an asshat move on his part saying come at one. me, i'd be "sorry gone pending pickup" then ask for you number/email in case there was a no show. Not fair getting you excited saying come at 1:00

Had a guy 10 miles away post a free HF lathe on craigslist with an address & no number or anyway to reply. I saw it right after & bit. He said I was 3 minutes late. I don't think he ever had one.
    *Plan for the Future but Live each Day as if it were your Last, for one day it will be* Live Life Bold, Strong, Fearless, Happy, Thankful & at Peace.

Uggggghhhhhh that's a tough one dude --- that ones going to stick with you for awhile -- u might even need some counseling...