Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George, can we have a wanted thread?

A Wanted forum is by default a for-sale forum. Any response to a wanted thread by a person with an item is a for sale post. If the original requester does not make the purchase the response remains as an advertisement for that item.

Same coin, both sides of the transaction revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by dp
    A Wanted forum is by default a for-sale forum. Any response to a wanted thread by a person with an item is a for sale post. If the original requester does not make the purchase the response remains as an advertisement for that item.

Same coin, both sides of the transaction revealed.
    Not if the person who answers will take it off the board by private message or email. I imagine that was kind of what George had in mind.
    James

My idea was just a wanted post & no posted replies. If you can help just contact the poster by PM. George was nice enough to allow it so please don't screw it up by splitting hairs argueing & complaining. If you don't like it then don't use it. but please don't screw it up for those tooking for hard to find items, Thanks! Eric
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich theory of life." Theodore Roosevelt

In the mean time we can all just post on PM - not in the failed "classified" section, but in the resurrected machinery (or Tools) For Sale or Wanted forums. Won't help if you are advertising or looking for parts for your 9x20 (the post will be deleted; the owner hates Chinese and low end home machines) , but it's a great resource for the other stuff.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...0&daysprune=30
    Last edited by lakeside53; 05-04-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Just an FYI - censuring and preempting comment in an open forum is ill-mannered. Comments were solicited, I responded as others have. If you needed privacy in your request then a PM to George would have been appropriate followed by an open announcement of approval.

Quote Originally Posted by dp
    Just an FYI - censuring and preempting comment in an open forum is ill-mannered. Comments were solicited, I responded as others have. If you needed privacy in your request then a PM to George would have been appropriate followed by an open announcement of approval.
    I assume this was directed at me. I was just explaining my original intent/idea on the "wanted thread/post use. I don't think it will be abused as most here follow the rules as we appreciate George & the great forum he's letting us enjoy.But thanks for the manners lesson. Everytime I set up for a formal dinner party I never remember which side those damn little forks go on.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich theory of life." Theodore Roosevelt

Default WTB L1 3 jaw or adapter in the 8" flavor

I think a WTB area is a good idea. I think 1000 WTB threads are not. One thread where people post what they are looking for, delete when you get it.

I will start.

WTB L1 3 jaw chuck or adapter in the 8" flavor - shipping would be to 32092

PM if you have one.

Thx