Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Sitting rather than kneeling

Default OT Sitting rather than kneeling

I was at the Stafford Classic bike show last weekend and Ken Sprayson was there doing book signings, so I bought myself a copy of 'The Frame Man'.

Facinating read and well recommended. In it he recalls the transition from bolted on side cars in racing to integrated frames and the change to kneelers.

I found this on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8LM3PyGvhwg

looks like he was last ..outclassed by the modern fully streamlined two strokes.

what did he think he was doing ..did he think he had any chance

all the best.markj

Bastard - missed it.

Are there two shows per year ? because one show always clashed with the Midlands Model Engineering exhibition in October
    Wanted to go two years ago as they had the Jones collection but couldn't get.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Dammitt,
    Another [ best Forrest Gump voice ] book to buy.

Mind you might get Tiffie to buy it then get it out his dustbin [ unread ]

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Quote Originally Posted by John Stevenson
    Bastard - missed it.

Are there two shows per year?
    Yes, April and October.

If you'd known the show was on and had gone and I'd known you were going to be there, I could have taken a motor along!

Roy is hours de combat again, so the motor is keeping a racing cub company in B-on-T.

Dammitt,

Mind you might get Tiffie to buy it then get it out his dustbin [ unread ]
    unless its highly photogenic

Did anyone watch the other video's. Those guys are crazy.
    It's only ink and paper

Yes, good video's.
    I raced sidecar's at Oliver's Mount back in 1969 to '73.
    Poxy little circuit but brings back fond memories, the friendship in those days was awsome, more about friendship that all out winning.

People lending spares to their rivals just to make the grid up.
    Olivers mount was a bit of a traipse to get there and the paddock was basic to say the least, flat area with one wooden bog for everybody

I much preferred Caldwell Park in Lincolnshire, still had a communal wooden bog until some one chucked a gallon of Avgas over it one night and then they build a brick one

I much preferred Caldwell Park in Lincolnshire, still had a communal wooden bog until some one chucked a gallon of Avgas over it one night and then they build a brick one
    I'm booked in at Cadwell for the 15th of June.

It's the Morini Riders' Club's 30th track day (longest running club trackday).

I had great fun last year battling with a 675cc race prepped Velocette in the wet last year.

The day started in bright sunshine, but the last session was so wet I got my feet kicked off the pegs by standing water on Park straight. It was also the worst ever year for riders falling off. Someone laid oil on the racing line for about 1/3rd of the lap and six people went down. Bruno the ever smiling Belgian who comes over most years ended up with a broken thumb, dislocated shoulder (put back in by the track medics) and a split elbow, which ended up with a trip to Hospital (in my car with all my wet weather gear ). He was still smiling that evening though!