Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first Electrolysis

Quote Originally Posted by flylo
    Check out this site http://www.oldengine.org/members/orrin/rustdemo.htm
    I bought some 11.5" carbon disc to keep the solution cleaner & am going to use a 55 gal plastic barrel lengthwise for the vat.
    thanks for the link. carbon huh? I could try that.
    Rob

Check out this site http://www.oldengine.org/members/orrin/rustdemo.htm
    I bought some 11.5" carbon disc to keep the solution cleaner & am going to use a 55 gal plastic barrel lengthwise for the vat.
    flylo

are you talking about 'carbon steel saw blades'? or are you talking about carbon brake disc material. the difference is like a billion dollars.
    Rob

Neither. This is pure carbon like electric motor brushes are made of 11.5" dia rounds about 3/4" thick. Rob I may have asked before but what part of michigan? I'm by Kalamazoo.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich theory of life." Theodore Roosevelt

About that carbon (the 11" discs)...

Not going to be any good to me knowing which store (wrong side of the Big Pond), but what are they normally used for? If I knew, I might be able to track some down to use instead of the brazing carbons - seems daft to strip the copper off before use if I can get plain carbon!

Cheers,
    Dave H. (the other one)

Neither. This is pure carbon like electric motor brushes are made of 11.5" dia rounds about 3/4" thick. Rob I may have asked before but what part of michigan? I'm by Kalamazoo.
    flylo

I'm in rochester.

I'm with hopefuldave. I tried searching for this 11" carbon but w/o success. could you post a pic?

thanks
    Rob