Thread: Craigslist chuckle for the day...

Default Craigslist chuckle for the day...

Found this on Craigslist.
    Never heard of a CNC bandsaw before, but here's a beauty.
    Looks like it's been out in the rain for a while.
    Cheap too !!
    CNC Bandsaw

CNC saws are regularly used in production. The logic is - Why pay an operator to chop a million+ pieces of stock to length when a machine can do it all automatically?

If the saw operates and it has working auto functionality, $5k may be considered cheap in that part of the country (dont quote me on that plz, I said may). Unfortunately, the pics dont show much other than the actual iron. I dont have any experience with Wiltons, but if I still had a big shop I would love another Hyd-Mech horizontal in that size range. I paid $2k for the last one with zero automatic functionality other than hydraulic up and down, though it was in very nice (plug in and play) condition, and many friends thought I got a "steal."
    Last edited by justanengineer; 05-04-2012 at 01:49 AM.
    "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

It looks like it was ridden hard and put away wet.

If you want $5,000 it has to look like $5,000.

I 'flipped' cars in my youth (buy low - sell high). Appearance will get you the money. This guy is a drug internet addict - no work, no effort, but wants to cash in big.
    Last edited by rancherbill; 05-04-2012 at 11:05 AM.

insight into the frailties of the human mind. Its like it just wouldn't occur them leaving that it outdoors to rust to crap would affect the value <crazy>

Too bad, that was a nice saw one day and could of been converted back to manual........
    Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....