Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting my feet wet (CNC wise)

Ah, so there is direct indexing support. Makes perfect sense. I should have done a more exhaustive search before my posting, so my apologies to all for asking the same question again.

With my table ratio of 90:1 and a 200 step stepper, that's about .02 deg./step which should work well. I have yet to fire Mach3 back up and look at the angular function but I assume there is a function to relate rotation to other axis travel so eventually I can corner the market on Quorn motor posts.

So happiness on that level but being severly spatially challenged in the shop really turns me off to the use of a desktop, even though I have Ethernet and a wireless access point in the shop. Ergonomically, the use of an iPad would really seem ideal (wireless connect to an interfacing controller?)......

Again, thanks to all who responded.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Pherdie
    Ergonomically, the use of an iPad would really seem ideal (wireless connect to an interfacing controller?)......

Again, thanks to all who responded.

Fred
    And some one ring the wireless front doorbell or opens the garage door down the road and you end up with 37 1/2 teeth on a gear.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

I've been using a lap top to run my 4 axis CNC Taig on Deskcnc w/servos & never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by toolsrul
    I've been using a lap top to run my 4 axis CNC Taig on Deskcnc w/servos & never had a problem.
    That's because DeskCNC has dedicated motion control hardware on its own board. All the laptop does in your case is to drip feed the Gcode the the board.

Quote Originally Posted by djc
    That's because DeskCNC has dedicated motion control hardware on its own board. All the laptop does in your case is to drip feed the Gcode the the board.
    You can use the same kind of hardware with Mach3 also, there is plenty of options for USB connected motion controllers that have a plugin for Mach3.