bernie, here are the pics you wanted to see.
I was given these too big fabricated angle blocks. I drilled and tapped them 3/8-16 for use as set up and holding fixtures. I drilled and tapped the top edges too. Then my mind saw something to add to them, this turned out to be an indexer and tailstock bolted to the top of the angle blocks. Next came a steady rest for a long shaft I couldn't get between centers.
The next addition was another spindle so a 3 Jaw chuck could be used. shown laying in front of the head stock end.
One thing led to another and I needed to cut some gear teeth for a gear for the 9 inch SB that broke out and I brazed the area back in and needed to recut the teeth, I had the right cutter from a box of parts I had purchased at an action. So a dividing head was the next step.
I measured the teeth in the broken gear with a thread gauge and turned the worm on the big lathe, and the gear in the bridgeport with a borrowed dividing head. the plates were also made using the borrowed dividing head. To use I remove the indexing plate install the gear and worm and bolt the plate to the side of the angle plate, there is a little shield to protect the gear from chips and the tranformation is complete.
this was a challenge for me as I am a self taught machinist and had never cut gears before, but it worked to do the job.
[This message has been edited by irnsrgn (edited 02-28-2004).]