Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wondering?

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch
    Low attendance on here tonight, so i'm wondering where is everybody, what's up???
    I was out to the local rebuilder on Monday getting some new titanium installed (new hip). Here I am this morning giving it a quick perf test.

http://thevirtualbarandgrill.com/images/postopwalk.mp4

Just got it home a short time ago

Friend was playing (geetar) at the Legion Post tonight, so went out to cheer him on. Next week I am up, and it's always nice to have a friendly face or two in the audience.
    I'm here hoping to advancify my smartitude.

What a sorry old lot we sound like. Only Sasqwatch is getting into girls bloomers & for all the wrong reason I might add. Getting old really does suck!
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich theory of life." Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by flylo
    What a sorry old lot we sound like. Only Sasqwatch is getting into girls bloomers & for all the wrong reason I might add. Getting old really does suck!
    Hey...speak for yourself. I'm having the time of my life, messing around in my garage. Chasing skirts??, been there done that, had my fair share...quite frankly, at age 47, I prefer my machines- they always do what i want them to, they don't talk back, and when I'm done with them, I just turn them off.

- Nine and counting.

We have an extended holiday here 4 / 5th of June for the Queens Jubilee.
    I aim to get this big TOS out and away to the scrap yard that weekend / 2 days holiday and re arrange the second shop up.
    At the moment it's an absolute tip but not worth doing until the lathe is gone.

First shop has remained tidy other than the CVA lathe is still in bits waiting for time to fit the new bearings. I want to get a bench in to replace the lathe so I can get some of these small CNC's setup and working, they will earn far more than the big lathe does.

Seeing as it's a holiday and the Queen won't be working I have emailed Brain May to see if he'll come and help

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

I am still burned out from the Donkey engine, which went on all winter. I spent yesterday giving "Speeches" to graduating high school students from about 8 local high schools about what would be required of them to go into the field of mechanical engineering, design and drafting. Explained the difference in schooling requirements for Technician, Technologest, Engineer, and Professional engineer. Told them the approximate cost of the programs at local colleges and universities, what the upper and lower end of the pay scales were, what the average wages were for a 40 hour week, and how many years they would be in school for each step. Touched on a lot of my own personal experiences, seen their jaws drop when I told them that I had been doing this since 1965. Not just before they were born, before even their parents were born!!! Great bunch of kids, had a really good day.

Great bunch of interesting responses you guys!!

Thanks for that!!!

Took off from work a wee bit early yesterday to make it in time for grandson's Kindergarten graduation festivalries. By the time it was over & we got home, no energy left for shop work or internet perusal.

Looking forward to the upcoming 3 day weekend to get something done for a change!
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Yep. It rather disturbing when you have grand-children older than the
    kids youre working with. :-) "been there done that".
    ...lew...

Quote Originally Posted by flylo
    My old watchdog & good friend is dying. He is old & has a large tumor on his neck which he tore open got infected & almost killed him. He's having surgery Tues & I think he'll make it as he's the Meanest Old B*stard I've ever seen. I called 2 vet's & took him to the I think is the best. It amazing, they want to run a bunch of test about $300 to see if he can have surgery & if not put him down. I said no, we'll do the surgery & if he makes it we can run the test then to keep him going. Like all medicine it's a money game. Please think good thoughts about Buster on Tues. Can't believe how emotional I got about him. I love that old dog.
    You have my prayers Flylo. My "pup" is 13. Had him since he could it in the palm of my hand. I know what it is like to go thru this.
    Chris