Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigonometry Calculator

Default Trigonometry Calculator

I found an easy to use trig calculator on the web.

http://www.visualtrig.com/

Microsoft has a free calculator called Microsoft Mathematics that has Calculus, Statistics, Trigonometry, Linear Algebra and a Standard Calculator. It also graphs in 2D and 3D.

It's free to download. Choose either 64-bit or 32-bit.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=15702

Thumbs up Cool tool....

And very handy to use. Bookmarked!

Thanks!

Pete

Carbide Depot has a ton of free calculators and handy helpers as well.
    Handy Machining Helpers

That looks like a neat calculator. And fully able to calculate any right triangle from two knowns (at least one side and another angle or side).

Many do not know that the standard calculator that is part of every Windows installation also has more robust versions: Standard, Scientific, Programmer, and Statistics. All of these are instantly available from the View menu. Standard is a fairly standard four banger. Scientific has things like trig functions, powers, roots, factorials, hyperbolic functions, angles in several units, etc. The Programmer version allows you to calculate in several different number systems; binary, octal, decimal, and hexadecimal. It also has logic functions. Finally the Statistics version has a basic set of statistical functions. All this is already on any Windows desktop with no need to download anything or go to any web page. But you do need to have paid attention in HS trig class to use the trig functions properly. And an understanding of the statistics and other ideas to use the other functions properly.

There are also some very useful additions that can be added to any of the above versions: Unit Conversions, Date Calculations, and some worksheets like Mortgage, Vehicle Lease, and Mileage. All this for free in Windows.

I keep mine on the Scientific version and I use it all the time. My laptop has a dedicated key to call it up. I suspect many others have this also. No menus or clicks, just a fast finger.
    Last edited by Paul Alciatore; 06-20-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Quote Originally Posted by CCWKen
    Microsoft has a free calculator called Microsoft Mathematics that has Calculus, Statistics, Trigonometry, Linear Algebra and a Standard Calculator. It also graphs in 2D and 3D.

It's free to download. Choose either 64-bit or 32-bit.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=15702
    Do I want the x64 or the x86. The x86 file is smaller?
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich theory of life." Theodore Roosevelt

If you're running Win 7 64 bit, then get the X64. If not, the 32 bit X86 version

What about Vista?
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich theory of life." Theodore Roosevelt

AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! Vista... the devil that sucks the lifeblood out of a computer.

Upgrade it to Win 7. It's like getting a hardware generation upgade. If you want a legitimate CD of Win7, PM me (offer good for Flylo only).

Oh... just use X86 version.

There are 10 types of people - those that understand binary and those that don't.