Thread: GIBcam?

Default GIBcam?

Anyone work with GIBcam? trying to info on it, but haven't had much luck.

Terry

There's only one way to find out, might as well get started now!

Or Gibbscam?

http://www.gibbscam.com/

We have this at work. Never used it.

sorry, Gibbscam. A new guy at work says we need it. I am a manual machinist. Ran CNC machines 20 years ago. We have a Haas toolroom mill and lathe. I am wanting to get my feet wet again. I got big ideas! Problem is he is fresh out of school and knows just enough to hurt himself. So I don't trust him with much.

That's a tough one. Gibbs is about $4k if I remember.

What are you using now?

We use Gibbs here at USNA. I haven't mastered it, yet.

Most of the cnc machines we have are HAAS machines. 2 TM-1s. A VF-3 and -11. A TL-1 and -3 lathe and an SL-30.

Most of the work I do is on the ProtoTrak SMX mills. I prefer Esprit for the points and can program conversationally pretty quickly. Esprit is used mostly for the wire machines and for .dxf programming for the waterjet.

Andy Pullen
    Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, Clausing 8520 mill, Diacro 24" shear, Reed Prentice 14" x 34"

I have been a GibbsCam user since 1998. I originally paid right around $5,000.00 for it, but with all the upgrades I have done I now have a little over $18,000.00 in it. I know, that's way overkill for a home based machine shop, but when I closed my shop down, I had it and no one wanted to buy it. Everyone wanted MasterCam.

What would you like to know?

I used to own a Haas TM1, a TL1, a VF2, and a VF7, and I did some pretty incredible work on any of the verticals. The lathe was used for making tooling and very short run stuff (25 pieces ot less). The lathe wasn't very fast, but it was dead on accurate.

Now, I use my GibbsCam to program the Tormach PCNC 1100 Series II that's in my garage.