Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F1 Car Cut in Half

Default F1 Car Cut in Half

Cool video showing a Sauber F1 car cut in half from front to back. Wish they went into more detail. Don't know that I'd want to drive with my feet so high?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wn1E...ayer_embedded#!

I think they've got the drivers feet up high for both aerodynamic and safety reasons.
    The optimist says the glass is half full, the pessimist says it's half empty. The paranoid in me says somebody put a hole in it.

Remember pessimists are at heart opptomists. They know things can and will get worse.

Very cool! I love F1 racing

Great video! Internals look like a fighter jet.

I just shared this on Facebook:

"Sergio Pérez, with his $100 hair cut and capped teeth, shows up to demonstrate the driver's position. This ain't NASCAR! "

I'm so glad Austin residents are paying $30 million/year in taxes to pay the F1 franchise fee!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Yes, but according to the track promoters, the Austin area is going gain 25.7 BILLIONGAZILLION dollars in economic benefit.

Assuming there is enough interest for the races to be held more than a couple of years.

Steve

And there is hope that NASCAR will add a race. I am sure the ALMS and Indy car will be there.

Very well worth watching that vid. Very compact and tight.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveF
    Yes, but according to the track promoters, the Austin area is going gain 25.7 BILLIONGAZILLION dollars in economic benefit.
    Yeah, the level of corruption involved in the Austin F1 track is hair raising -- makes Chicago politics look tame by comparison.
    We're laying off teachers, police and firefighters because of state budget shortfalls, but somehow it's OK to push the $300 million shortfall for payments to Bernie onto the residents of Austin, even though the track isn't in Austin

Then there's the issue that Bernie was separately, and apparently secretly, negotiating a different F1 franchise in New Jersey.

In any event, the mid-term local Texas elections were hilarious -- every City Councilman and State Senator has private contracts and/or real estate deals for the track, construction, licensing, etc. So it was a mud-slinging contest of which candidate was the most corrupt.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

There is a good market in the UK for old F1 cars.

Although fascinating..its a shame that they have destroyed the car in the process..

I hope they don't destroy the US entry that Bernie has allowed to enter the COTA GP..

Rob

As of this week the race is sold out at $300/seat.
    Additional grandstands being constructed to sell more tix.

Hotel rooms are booked up 30 miles out. RV spaces ditto.

I think it will make money. I'll be there.

As for Austin political corruption, you get the politicians you vote for.