Thread: SWF 1501C Embroidery machine -- Code 102 Overload

Default SWF 1501C Embroidery machine -- Code 102 Overload

This is one of those high-speed multi-needle jobs that can do very intricate embroidery work at high speed. Sewing meets CNC as it were. T

On the off chance someone may have some experience with this particular model/machine, she is getting a Code 102 and the machine refuses to power up. The troubleshooter suggests the following:

The most common occurrences of these errors are caused by having thread caught in the hook area, commonly referred to as a "Bird's Nest". Turn off the machine and remove the birds nest from the hook area.
    She assures me she has cleared the "birds nest" according to the proper procedure and the machine is "very clean." She is able to load/edit her programs but when she hits jog or start it trips on a 102 Overload.

What else can we do troubleshooting-wise to get it going again?
    "The Administration does not support blowing up planets." --- Finally some SENSIBLE policy from the Gov!

Ok it's fixed.

Damn I'm good.

Turns out it was an alignment issue, once the driveline was set back to the factory marks it started working again.

File this away for future use, in case someone somewhere has the same question.
    "The Administration does not support blowing up planets." --- Finally some SENSIBLE policy from the Gov!

So, it's like valve or ignition timing? That works on this forum.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

I have a BabyLock 6 needle machine, and I was gonna tell you- manually turn the needle linkage back to TDC (top dead center) but it sounds like thats what you did.

Probably not many on this forum sew, it is an invaluable skill, much like any other. I did an adult uphostlery course in the 70's, picked up a used commercial machine and have made innumerable covers, cushions leashes, and other things. Wood, metal ,canvas, and other materials, just another medium to me. Bob.

Well done! Not easy to figure out what they want sometimes. I make a living with a 12 needle, single head Brother. I guess the primary difference between embroidery and 2 axis CNC is compensating for the push and pull of the fabric. I'm getting better at it, but still learning after 11 years!
    I'm here hoping to advancify my smartitude.

All the troubleshooters talk about resetting a Code 100 by adjusting the dial in back. I figured Code 100 is the same series as 102... drive faults. Once I made that leap of logic it all came together.

In a way it's just like CNC. Machine won't operate properly if everything is not at zero or home or origin.