Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleary eyed and tired but happy!

Smile Bleary eyed and tired but happy!

Got home & in the bed @ 3:30 AM from the hospital but 7 lb. 1 oz. grandbaby #4 Stone Robert Gaston was born happy, healthy, hungry & hollerin' like a banshee.

He's absolutely beautiful and after the obligatory check list & cleanup latched on for some serious slurping down of the chow. He & Mom can't take their eyes off each other. This is her first and she's been extremely nervous & scared the past few days but did a fantastic job. Son in law told us that during the final moments of birth she broke out into a huge smile and told him and the nurses "I can do this!" I've never seen her so happy & relieved that everything went great and that she did her job perfectly like a good little mom. YAY!

(Too bad I had to get back up at 6:30 and head off to work.)
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Congrads! I'm due to have a Grandson, in Nov. My 1st Grandchild!
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich theory of life." Theodore Roosevelt

Congratulations! Another little machinist in training.
    Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
    ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Glad to hear mom and baby are doing fine. Congratulations!
    George

Congrats! Now get that Boy a Mic in his hand
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Excellent! you could use an apprentice.

doug

Fantastic! Congrats to all.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

Congrats Milton! I still have kids in diapers, so I'm having a hard time relating to grandfather-dom
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Congrats to you and to mom and dad too. And three cheers for grandchildren!

My older granddaughter (7) was visiting a week ago and I got her roped into some metalworking. Well, she helped a little, pulled handles for drilling, hammered swarf into flat pieces etc., but we did layout, sheet metal work, turning, drilling and tapping and she went home with a double pinwheel on a stainless post she can enjoy in the back yard - and talk about.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Wow, thanks for all the good wishes & kind thoughts!

I'm looking forward to spending quality time with all of them. I just hope my health holds up and my prosperity (hah, who am I kidding!) allows retirement early enough to do so.
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton